About Hamilton Clubs
The Hamilton Cricket Association (HCA) as it is now known was formed in 1975. There have been many changes to the structure of Hamilton cricket since the first competition in 1899. The premier Hamilton club cricket trophy, the Howden Cup, has been played for since the 1904-05 season and perhaps it is this trophy that unites the cricketers from every era. The HCA is now one of six minor associations in Northern Districts and is based at the Waikato University.
The HCA is closely aligned with schools and clubs to provide cricket opportunities for all cricket enthusiasts. It operates representative cricket, senior club cricket and twilight cricket and governs school cricket. There are seven representative teams, these being Hamilton A, Hamilton B, Hamilton Women’s, Senior Secondary, Junior Secondary, Primary Boys and Secondary Girls.