The Hamilton Cricket Association (HCA) has been working with Northern Districts Cricket Association (NDCA), Waikato Valley Cricket Association (WVCA) and the other District Associations in our region to improve the way that cricket is delivered. This work is part of the national One Cricket initiative that New Zealand Cricket is rolling out across the country.
The aim of these changes is to reinvigorate our entry level cricket and community cricket along with our player pathway management to give more people (especially children) more opportunities to fall in love with our great game.
As part of these changes, Northern Districts Cricket Association, Hamilton Cricket Association and Waikato Valley Cricket Association have implemented a shared services structure.
Our community cricket and administration functions will be combining into one team. This consolidation of resources will allow us to have more resources on the ground supporting the cricket community.
The HCA and WVCA have committed to these changes because we believe that when it comes to growing the game, boundaries aren’t relevant -what matters is that as many people play and love cricket as possible.
- Finance and administration functions will be centralised within a new team at Northern Districts Cricket.
- Competition Management will be centralised with a new role at Northern Districts Cricket.
- Management of cricket development activities across the Waikato will be consolidated under one role
What’s staying the same:
- Both Hamilton and Waikato Valley have long and proud histories in representative cricket. Players of all ages will still be able to aspire to represent their district associations. Representative programs and representative boundaries won’t be changing.
- WVCA and HCA will continue to be responsible for oversight of cricket in their districts. The HCA and WVCA Boards will oversee and direct the competitions and representative programs in their districts.
- WVCA and HCA will still retain control of things like financials and judiciary for competitions.
Staff and Office Changes to be implemented 16th December 2019
As part of these changes Janice Fraser will be moving from Hamilton Cricket Association and will be employed by the Northern Districts Cricket Association and continue in her same role as Pathways Manager.
Rupert Hodgson will be finishing in his role of General Manager after many years of service to the HCA.
As a result of these changes, Hamilton Cricket Association will be closing our office at Waikato University and Janice Fraser will based at Seddon Park alongside all Hamilton based NDCA and WVCA staff.
Before Christmas we will give you an update, with new contact information and any other logistical changes.
Information will also be available on HCA’s and Northern Districts Cricket Association website and facebook pages.
In the meantime if you have any questions please contact:
Paula Baker Mark Donnelly
Chair, Hamilton Cricket Association Board Member, Hamilton Cricket Association